Agents are entrepreneurs trained and approved to register farmers, agro dealers, transporters and laborers on the Farmers Online Market portal. As an agent, your role will include marketing agro products online; connecting farmers to buyers’ of agricultural products both locally & internationally.
Agents can also render their services to foreign and local companies, investors, partners, equipment manufacturers & inputs suppliers by marketing their products & services to farmers, government bodies, cooperatives, etc. and get paid commissions.
AGENTS ROLE IN FARMERS ONLINE MARKET (F.O.M.)
1.To register Farmers, Agro dealers, Transporters & Partners.
2. To market Agricultural products/Services online and upload pictures.
3. To do market research on agricultural business and it’s value chains .
4. To develop and organize farmers data & their agricultural business.
5. To search for buyers, investors, companies & partners worldwide.
6. To connect farmers to buyers, investors, partners, agro dealers & institutions both local & international.
7. To plan & organize training/workshops for farmers, Agro dealers, partners & stakeholders in agricultural sector.
8. To plan & organize Agricultural summit, seminars and conferences.
9. To bring foreign or local technologies & equipment into agriculture.
10.To attract local & foreign direct investment into Agricultural sector.
11. To help farmers access loans and insurance services from financial institutions for better growth of their business.
12. To connect farmers to local, state or federal Government to benefits from government’s empowerment programs & subsidize rate.
13. To help farmers buy & get farm inputs (fertilizers, seeds, seedlings, animal feeds and machine equipment’s) at subsidize rate.
14. To recommend for letters & proposals to Governments, companies, partners & to any relevant stakeholders in agriculture business worldwide.
15. To be an Agent of foreign or local companies, partners transporters by marketing & selling their product and services.
16. To work with local, states & federal governments, ministries departments & agencies ( MDAs) for the creation of agricultural production, processing,storage & distribution centers.
17. To connect & participate in seminars, summits, conferences online, approve by farmers online market (F.O.M).
18. To encourage & organized farmers to form corporative groups.
19. To monitor and supervise the activities of farmers register under them for better growth in their agricultural business.
20 To create awareness and sensitization to farmers on matters affecting their society mostly on Agriculture.
21. To create business opportunities in agriculture sector worldwide.
BENEFITS TO AGENTS…
· To start work with little or no capital by marketing agro products online.
· To get commissions on any agro products that you market & sell online.
· To get 20% commissions for any farmer you register online.
· To be an Agent of foreign or local partners, investors & companies by marketing & selling their products, services and equipment’s and get your commissions.
· To an Agent of fertilizer, seeds, seedling and animal feeds companies by marketing & selling their products to farmers and get your commission.
· Agent would be trained and get ID card for identification & Code to upload and market their clients’ products on the platform (F.O.M).
· Agents can also be an Exporter & Importer of products online.
· Agents can plan & organize programs, seminars, training/workshop & summit on behalf of the platform (F.O.M) and get 40% commission.
· Agents can attend & connect to any Agro seminars, training/workshops & summits online in any part of the world.
· Agents would be link to financial institutions to access loans.
REQUIREMENTS TO BECOMING AN AGENT
1. Age 20 – 50 years of age.
2. Qualification O’level, NCE, OND, HND, BSC and above.
3. Registration Fee of N6,000.
4. A guarantor.
5. You must be hardworking and honest.